Listen to Mary Amato sing one of the songs from her Riot Brother series and talk about how she writes her Riot Brother books.
For Riot Brother fans…
In Stinky and Successful: The Riot Brothers Never Stop , Lydia Riot makes Wilbur and Orville a dutch baby for breakfast. “What’s a dutch baby?” you ask. Watch the video to find out.
Kids at Barrington Elementary School in Ohio acted out scenes from the Riot Brother books and posted them as a slide-show on their school website. What a great way to encourage reading, improvisation, and playwriting! Students can improvise or write short plays, based on scenes from their favorite books, and act them out.
Slobber Trivia Game Questions (From Stinky and Successful and Take the Mummy and Run)
- In which Riot Brother book does Slobber, the pet rat, first appear?
- One of the chapters in the third book is called “Slobber and Frank.” Who is Frank?
- On April Fools Day, where does Orville first hide Slobber?
- In the same chapter, when Lydia Riot finds Slobber, what does she do?
- At the end of the story, the boys find a hiding place for Slobber that makes their mom scream. Where do they hide him?
- Fill in the blanks of this famous Riot Brother saying about Slobber that Wilbur says at the end of the April Fools story: “Just remember, slobber is what goes __ ___ of a pillow and Slobber is what goes _____ a pillow.”
- In Take the Mummy and Run: The Riot Brothers are on a Roll, the boys put Slobber in a bucket labeled ____ _____.
- In “The Riot Brothers Solve a Mystery” Orville throws Slobber at a _____ who turns out to be a ___.
- What is the real Slobber made of?
- According to Amelia, if the boys miss Slobber, what should they do?
Slobber Trivia Game Answers
- In Stinky and Successful: The Riot Brothers Never Stop (Book 3)
- Frank is Wilbur’s pet eyeball.
- Orville hides Slobber in his mom’s desk drawer.
- Lydia Riot doesn’t scream when she finds Slobber in her pencil drawer. She calmly says, “Actually I believe that Slobber ate all my pencils.
- The boys hide Slobber under their mom’s pillow.
- “Just remember, slobber is what goes on top of a pillow and Slobber is what goes under a pillow.”
- In Take the Mummy and Run: The Riot Brothers are on a Roll, the boys put Slobber in a bucket labeled free candy.
- In The Riot Brothers Solve a Mystery, Orville throws Slobber at a _____ who turns out to be a ___.
- The real Slobber is made of rubber.
- If the boys miss Slobber, they should chew gum really fast so that they slobber.
Slobber the Rat is a character in Stinky and Successful: The Riot Brothers Return and in Take the Mummy and Run: The Riot Brothers are on a Roll. I had fun making these rats reading miniature copies of my books as a gift for my publisher, Holiday House.