Wednesdays (January 11, 18, 25, Feb 1)
Noon to 1 pm
Robert Harper Books
6216 Rhode Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD 20737
Each workshop will involve:
- Brief lecture-discussion on a different theme
- An in-class writing exercise
The themes will be applicable to fiction, poetry, creative non-fiction, play writing, and songwriting.
- January 11: Concrete Writing: Exploring the Show-Don’t-Tell Rule
- January 18: Point of View: Exploring the Unusual Persona
- January 25: Between the Lines: Exploring Subtext
- February 1: Withholding: Exploring When/How to Withhold Information from the Reader
Bring a notebook or fully-charged laptop to each session. Feel free to bring your lunch if you’re coming from work on your lunch hour.
Questions about the workshops? firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about Robert Harper Books? email@example.com
Class size is limited.
$15.00 per workshop if you register for all four in the series; $20.00 per workshop if you register for individual workshops. Registration is required and payment must be received in advance. To do so, email Mary Amato:info (at) maryamato (dot) com.
Mary Amato writes for both the adult and the children’s market. She has published sixteen works of fiction for young adults and children and has a new YA and a new series coming out. For adults, she has written numerous essays, articles, poetry, plays, and songs. She has a master’s in fiction writing from Johns Hopkins University and has taught locally at Johns Hopkins and The Writer’s Center as well as for numerous institutions and organizations around the country.