Heavy 8 ½ x 11″ 110-lb. paper, such as “heavy card stock” copier paper
Standard copier paper
Black masking tape (optional)
To make the cover:
1. Cut card stock or heavy paper in half (lengthwise).
2. Cut into thirds.
The template below will give you an idea of how to cut and fold an 8 ½ x 11″ sheet of paper to make mini-books. One sheet of heavy weight paper will give you six book covers. One sheet of standard paper will give you six interior open sheets, which when folded makes a 24-page book (because you’re using both sides).
3. Fold along fold lines (you should get six books for every sheet of 8 ½ x 11″ paper). Crease this well.
4. Put masking tape on fold of book to make binding (optional).
To make inside pages:
1. Follow instructions above for #1-3 using standard weight paper.
2. Place six open sheets inside one open cover. (Six open sheets will make a 24 page book. Use fewer sheets if desired.)
3. Staple along fold on outside of book.
4. Fold and enjoy!
Copyright © 2004 by Mary Amato. Permission granted to copy for educational use.